Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Residential Childcare £2112
12-month course 488 Guided Learning Hours. 65 credits on completion.
This course has flexible start dates throughout the year. Flexible days and times available to suit your needs. 1:1 or group sessions. Payment plan also available.
The flexibility of the course allows you to learn at your own pace and is estimated to take up to 488 study hours to complete.
This qualification provides the underpinning knowledge required by employees to work in management roles within a residential setting.
Learners are required to be 19+
Must be working within a management role.
Units covered include:
1. Understand children and young people’s development in residential childcare
2. Understand support for children and young people who are vulnerable and disadvantaged
3. Lead and manage a team within a residential childcare setting
4. Lead practice to support the safeguarding and protection of children and young people in residential childcare
5. Lead practice for communication and information management in residential childcare setting
6. Manage risk in residential childcare
7. Lead and manage group living in residential childcare
8. Lead a service that can support children or young people who have experienced harm or abuse
9. Lead practice to achieve positive outcomes for children and young people in residential childcare
10. Lead practice to support the well-being and resilience of children and young people in residential childcare
11. Lead practice in safe use of digital, internet and mobile technology with children and young people
12. Lead practice to promote the rights, diversity and equality of children and young people in residential childcare
13. Lead networks and multi-agency work to benefit children and young people in residential childcare
14. Implement a Positive Relationship Policy in residential childcare
15. Undertake professional development in residential childcare settings
A further 8 credits will be selected and tailored to your role.
How you will be assessed:
You will be required to complete assignments, continuous professional development records and workplace observations.
You will also use workplace evidence and Witness Testimony to support assessment.
You will collect a portfolio of evidence.
For this cost you will get:
Induction & enrolment
Subject specialist tutor
Full support and guidance throughout tailored to your demand including any reasonable adjustments
Accredited certificate with Highfield
Level 5 Diploma in Operations or Departmental Managers